March 28Read On...
March 28Read On...
March 30Read On...
March 31Read On...
New Scotland Hamlet Master Plan
The Town of New Scotland has set up a website where you can go to access information about our New Scotland Hamlet Master Plan.
Click on the link below or copy and paste this address into your web browser:
HILTON BARN DONATIONS
Supporters of the relocation and reuse of the historic Hillton Barn in New Scotland can now formally donate funds to that effort via the Voorheesville Community and School Foundation. Your gift will be tax deductible.
Make checks out to VCSF and write “Hilton Barn donation” on the memo line.
Checks can be mailed to:
PO Box 523
Voorheesville, NY 12186
VCSF notes that it would be helpful if donors could also include their email address in this correspondence.
VCSF was designated by the New Scotland Town Board to receive private donations in support of saving this historic structure. Thanks to Heather Dolin, Nancy Rucks and Pat Conroy for their positioning the Foundation to serve in this role.
RAIL TRAIL ETIQUETTE
Friends, neighbors and visitors come together to enjoy a pleasant outdoor experience on the Rail Trail. For the safety of all Rail Trail patrons please observe these courtesies:
- Be courteous and considerate of other trail users.
- Respect our neighbors and don’t trespass on private property.
- Pets MUST be leashed at all times
- Control and clean up after your pet(s).
- Bicyclists should yield to pedestrians.
- Travel at a reasonable speed and in single file when path is crowded.
- Avoid startling others; announce “on your left” then pass with care.
- Move to the side when stopping on the trail.
- No hunting or discharging of firearms.
- Overnight camping and camp fires are prohibited.
- Remove your litter - this is a “Carry In/Carry Out” trail.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited. (Wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility assistance devices are permitted.)
- Enjoy the beauty of wild plants & animals, but leave them undisturbed for all to enjoy.
Speed Indicator Now In Use
In keeping with on-going efforts to help reduce costs the town has recently entered into a joint purchase with the Village of Voorheesville that will help both municipalities address the issue of speeding drivers.
In March we took delivery of a new speed indicator sign that is co-owned by both the Town and Village. The sign will be used roadside to remind drivers of the posted speed limit and notify them of the actual speed they are driving. We hope this new speed indicator will help motivate drivers to obey local speed .
The agreement with the Village states that the municipalities will regularly alternate use of the roadside sign; each having use 2 weeks at a time. The speed indicator is portable and will be moved to a variety of locations throughout the Town.
New Scotland Website
We are proud to offer our residents a newly designed website! Pay tax bills, submit a request, sign up for notifications and much more! Plus, it is mobile friendly! So you can access the information on the go, wherever you happen to be.
Let us know what you think!
Explore Services Now